Oakland Temple - Where It All Began

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tribute to Bailey 1993 - 2008








Sadly, our precious beagle, Bailey, left this life after almost 15 years as our beloved family pet. We loved him and he loved us. There were just too many complications from his old age and the decision was reached that it was time to say goodbye. So, while Shawn was out of town, Kate and I took him on his final drive in the Jeep with all the air he could want blowing in his face. He died calmly and without pain. It was a sobering experience. But there is not sadness, but a lot of fun memories of his life with us. See you soon old man.

1 comment:

Kurt & Shawn said...

He was a good old hound and he is greatly missed but I must say, the freedom is quite liberating. I have paid more for that beast to be at the spa than for all my kids shots and doctor checkups. And NO insurance. With Bailey gone and Harley the cat gone (Kate & Chad's), I am a free women. I can't believe I can actually leave the door open to the garage and not worry about animal getting out. Can you read the smile on my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!