Oakland Temple - Where It All Began

Friday, October 10, 2008

35 YEARS TOGETHER

It is hard to believe that 35 years ago on October 11, 1973 my sweetheart, Shawnee, and I were married and sealed for time and ALL eternity in the Oakland Temple. I have been thinking of our anniversary for some time now. Our plans to celebrate have changed somewhat and........because no one is going to bail us out!!..........we cancelled the trip oversees, and instead we have opened up our home to host about 70 young single adults who are coming to our house for a bonn fire. I know it doesn't seem very special, but there are lots of ways for me to let Shawn know how special she is to me. This blog post is just one of them. And so Shawn, from me to you, I want to tell you how much I love you. I was struck the first time I saw you, and frankly that feeling of confusion, amazement and discovery has never left me. You are amazing. You have enriched my life in ways I couldn't have even imagined. You have enlarged my life by being my best friend, my lover, my partner and eternal companion. I am so much better because of you. Our children are so much better because of you. Everyone you have met and know are so much better because of you - - - - that's just how I feel. I loved you then; I love you now; I will ALWAYS love you!!!! Thanks for 35 great years!! Your devoted husband, Kurt.

5 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Are you sure that's a picture of you and Shawn? I swear it's Mike dressed in a 70's suit... Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Kasey said...

Ahh, how sweet! Happy 35 years you guys! I hope Rocky feels that way about me in 35 years.

The Garlocks.... said...

That is so cute! Could you start to email my husband about "how to write a cute note to your wife" I also think that Shawn looks like Mike! I always thought Mike would be a pretty girl! Plus, now I see where the boys get the looks from. Kurt, lookin good in the 70's!! Also, the outer banks is my favorite place EVER! I used to go every summer there and I could live there!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE!!! It was like seeing Scott in the picture. You are right, Kurt, everyone loves Shawn.

kmon said...

That picture rocks! It just made my day. You guys are awesome and are great examples to us. Thanks Skipper!