It is almost Christmas and I am at home just recuperating from my foot surgery. I can be seen about 12 hours a day sitting in my overstuffed chair with my foot up on the ottoman. The surgery went great and thanks to a lot of help from Shawn and Kate I have managed just fine. It is a hassle getting around on crutches, but even if that is how I was mobile for the rest of my life, then it would still be better than a lot of other people forced to live their life with significant pain and deficiencies.
You can see from these pictures that I still have a black toenail from dropping Kate and Chad's TV on my foot during their move this August (ouch!); you can see that two of my other toes are black and blue from the surgery; you can see how my skin is stained from the disinfectant used during surgery. It looks a lot worse than it really is. I am without pain or much discomfort and I am able to sleep well during the night.
Lunch was brought to me on Thursday by Beth and Tyler and on Friday by Kate. Doug, and the Seymour grandchildren also visited me and brought me cards they had made. All have lifted my spirits. I have also been out on little trips (dinner and Glenn Beck Christmas program with the family; wedding reception; shopping with Kate). From my personal experience, I can tell you that the electric wheelchair/shopping carts are the best at Costco. They are way nicer and faster that at Home Depot and Whole Foods. Thanks Kate for an afternoon out of the house.
My heart is especially full this year for my love for Shawn and for all our family. With my extra down time, I have also been reading much about the Savior and I am more grateful than ever for His atonement and the great blessings evident in my life. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!
4 comments:
Nice foot picture.
That sounds awful! My dad had the same surgery and it wasn't fun for him! I don't think I want to get older!! HA HA! Anyways, so I really don't blog to much or I should say look at blog too much. But, I was scrolling down and I saw that you went to Petosky. That is my moms favorite place. She loves the Petosky stones. You should have invited us!!!! HA HA...I'm about 95% sure that Troy served in that area! Anyways, hope you're feeling better and have merry Christmas!
Thanks for the info on the good cart places. You never know when that might come in handy at our age. Good luck in the recovery, but it sounds like you have plenty of elves to help with that. :)
Hey, you'll never believe it!*?# We were just searching the web for those in need with really gross happenings in their lives... and we stumbled on your blog! Well, Kurt, you have never inspired us more! We are definitely going to start taking better care of our feet, especially after seeing "The" infamous "foot" and what it could look like! Ho, Ho, Ho, verrry funnny! Merry Christmas to you & get better soon. ~The Norths
Post a Comment