Shawn and I traveled to Utah to be with Kate and Chad for his graduation from BYU. He graduated Magna Cum Laude in Exercise Science and is planning to attend THE Ohio State University to attend Dental School starting this fall.

We had a great time with Kate, Chad and all of Chad's family, who turned out en masse to show their pride for the first of the children to graduate from college. We are proud of you Chad!!!
We had a nice dinner in The Tree Room at Sundance on the night we arrived.
Shawn had a bad cold hit her hard once we arrived and she spent the rest of the trip, except for Chad's actual graduation, in bed in our hotel room. I, on the other hand, spent a lot of time with the Lyon's. At the end of the week we took a couple of days to get Kate and Chad's apartment all packed up and ready to be loaded into a U-Haul truck for their move to Ohio. They loaded their U-haul truck on Saturday and we left on Sunday to return home.
We brought their cat Harley with us on the plane. They got some medicine for Harley to take so he would be calm, but he seemed to actually get quite excited and tried his best to rip out of the carrier Kate had for us to transport him. At one point one of the flight attendants asked if I was traveling with an attended pet animal. I said yes and she said I needed to keep a closer eye on him, because he was in the plane back several rows. We were surprised and I went back and got him from another passenger who was holding Harley. I put him back in the carrier and put a twisty tie on the two zippers to hold them together so he couldn’t escape again.
2 comments:
CONGRATS!!! THIS IS A BIGGEY!!
What a funny story about Harley. I'm going to start calling him Houdini.
Post a Comment