Oakland Temple - Where It All Began

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Winter Wonderland in Ohio


Kurt And The Little Tractor That Could.......Honestly Shawn,
don't you agree I need a bigger man toy than this???

Bailey - This is where he stopped.
Kurt went out and picked him up and brought him back inside.


A look at our front porch


Front of our house - taken part way down our driveway

The last two days have been great!! We love the snow. It has snowed since Friday morning, and it is still coming down (Saturday at 5:30 p.m.) We were out and about yesterday with little difficulty, except the traffic all moved about 20 mph. Our SUV was just fine and we didn't think twice about joining our dinner group last night over at the Barney's. Today was a little different story.

We awoke this morning to about 8 additional inches of snow on the ground. Our daughter Beth planned a group of her friends to be at our house today for a scrap booking feast. I got on our little tractor and started pushing snow off our driveway and parking area about 7:00 a.m., but I was unable to keep ahead of it due the volume of new snow coming down. Beth called to say they cancelled and so I came in for breakfast and some quiet time with Shawn by the fire.

By about 1:00 p.m. we were ready to get out of the house and see if we couldn't find some place open for lunch. McDonald's was it. All the malls are closed; the only stores we found open were the grocery stores, gas stations, Home Depot and McDonald's. Visibility was very bad (white out) and very few cars were trying to maneuver the poorly plowed streets. I pulled out two stuck cars using a tow rope I put in the back of the Denali. When we got home from our little jaunt, we got a call saying that church was cancelled tomorrow.

Update.......it is now 5:50 p.m. and the snow has abruptly stopped; the sun even popped through the clouds. What juxtaposition from the last 31 hours. Our snow total is 20.3 inches, which beats the previous record set in 1910 of 15 inches. I hope you enjoyed the pictures of our house, yard, Bailey in the snow and me standing by The Little Tractor That Could.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures of the little tractor that could, and of the poor invalid dog with the blown-out knee. What a trooper. But what I enjoyed most of all was seeing dad in his coveralls. He's always looking so fine while doing his yard work.

Dehner Family said...

I'm not going to complain about shoveling our driveway again :)
We want to cuddle up by grandpa's roaring fire... Oh well - we'll have to settle with hot cocoa and blankets.

Debbie said...

You could be snow birds and move to Arizona in winter where you just have to rake leaves in January. Just a thought. Brrrrr! My thin desert rat blood has turned to ice just looking at those pictures.